TeleFinder/User is capable of playing sounds when specific events occur. You can add sounds that play at Login, Hang up, and other times. TeleFinder/User plays sounds from 'snd ' resources. This is the same type of resource that the Macintosh System uses for the "Alert Sound." It is also the same type of resource the Macintosh records with its built-in microphone.
Installing a Sound
It is necessary to use ResEdit or another resource editor to install sounds into TeleFinder. You can copy the sound resources into the TeleFinder/User application or into a "Settings" file.
Follow the steps below to install a sound using ResEdit.· Use Finder to open ResEdit.
· Use ResEdit to open the Settings file.
· Use ResEdit to open a file that contains the desired sound.
· Open the 'snd ' resources icon in the sound file.
· Use the Copy command from the edit menu to copy the sound you want.
· Open the 'snd ' resources icon in the Settings window.
· Use the Paste command from the edit menu to add sound into the Settings window.
· Use ResEdit to give the sound an ID according to the table below.
· Save and close the Settings file.
· Use Finder's "Info" to increase TeleFinder's "application memory" by the size of the largest sound.
Sound Resource ID's
'snd ' Resource ID
Item dragged to trash
'About TF' screen opens
Chat window opens
Message not sent
Find or locate complete
User enters Chat Room
Mailbox contains mail
Find or locate in progress
Instant Message appears
* This sounds "loops" for the duration of the event.